One of the three basic foundations of learning, Math is the one area where a lot of students need more help. Math tutoring has grown in demand over the years as math skills are becoming an increasingly important factor in students’ success or failure in school.
The relevant math subjects that most students find difficulty with and need more help on are Fundamentals of Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Statistics, and Trigonometry. Finding the best tutor could also be a challenge because more than being good in math, a tutor should also have a fundamental knowledge of teaching strategies and be able to apply them to maximize the learning experience.
Starting math tutoring early is important because of the following advantages:
- It helps develop the basic foundation of math skills early. Waiting for the teacher to identify a child’s difficulty means that the struggle has been there from the start because of a lack of a solid foundation.
- It builds a child’s confidence in dealing with the different math concepts.
- Having a tutor gives a child the advantage of one-on-one instruction where concepts are presented at a pace that is suitable to the child’s skills and abilities.
- It reduces stress and makes learning math more enjoyable.
- It helps the child transition from one math subject to a more advanced level of math.
Math tutoring sets the basic foundation for developing math skills and builds a student’s confidence in undertaking advanced courses.